Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fables come to life

I often listen to talk radio during my morning drive into work every morning. Well, one morning on Talk of the Town w/Mildred Gaddis, Dave Bing and Freeman Hendrix were vying for our votes.

What struck me as odd is that one of Mildred's regulars called in and asked Mr. Bing one question: Will you hire those who worked in the Kilpatrick administration?

It was at that moment that I had an epiphany. This was a fable come to life. I was reminded of the Scorpion and the Fox. For those of you who are not familiar with this fable, allow me to elaborate:

A fox and a scorpion meet at a deep stream. The scorpion looks at the fox and says, "Can you carry me across the stream on your back?" To which the fox replies, "I'm afraid that if I let you on my back, you will sting me." To which the scorpion retorts, "Everything alive wants to survive. I am a scorpion and I will be true to my nature."

"But what sense will it make to sting me?" asks the fox. "If you sting me we'll both drown." So the fox relented and allowed the scorpion to crawl upon his back. Halfway across the stream, the scorpion sting the fox.

The fox asks, "Why would you do that?!? You've doomed us both." To which the scorpion replied, "I told you I was a scorpion and that I would be true to my nature."

Like the scorpion, Dave Bing told us on that radio program who he was. He stated he had no qualms about hiring people who served in the Kilpatrick administration.

I guess my question is why are we surprised now that Warren Evans is chief of police and that James Barren was dismissed or that Charlie Beckham is his chief of staff. Remember, Bing told us he was a scorpion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The owner of this blog recognizes and encourages freedom of speech, but will not endorse attacks for differences in opinions. --- Detroit Dennis